Monday, May 10, 2010

Punch Art - Next Weeks Technique Class

Hi Everybody, I'm posting the photos of next weeks technique class today so that all of you who didn't get in to the class can see what you're missing. Plus all of those who are booked in can see what's in store for you.

Also,(the real reason I am showing you them so soon), I am taking part in a BLOG HOP on Thursday and I wont be able to post anything for a week or so after that, so that the Blog Hop stuff stays at the top of the page. I know there is a way to make certain things stay at the top of the page. I've seen it on other people's blogs, but I don't know how to do that, so thought if I put this up now everyone can see it. Don't forget to come back on Thursday evening or Friday and check out the INKlings Blog hop. The theme is Masculine Cards, Scrapbook pages and 3D items. Twenty members of the INKlings team are taking part so there should be plenty of inspiration for those hard to do masculine items.

Well, back to the Technique Class. I have to say I really love all three of these cards. I can't take credit for the clever ideas of putting these punched shapes together and coming up with these fabulous shapes. Whenever I am surfing the net and see a card I like I save it. So I have quite a few punch art cards stored away in a folder. When I decided to do Punch Art for the technique class, I just had a look in there and decide which to do.

The Heliconia flower card was one I saw recently. It was designed by the very clever Ann Fitzgerald, and uses the lovely new Stampin' Up! punch XL two step bird punch. The colours used for that card are Certainly Celery and Whisper White, and the ribbon is So Saffron.



The Owl Card, I'm not sure where I found that one. Sorry, I can't give credit where credit is due on that! It is cute though isn't it. There are so many different versions of owls on line, made with all sorts of different punches and dies. This one uses the branch from the XL two step bird punch, 1/2" circle, scallop circle, 1 3/4" circle, five petal flower, round tab and the retired spring flower bouquet punches, all by Stampin' Up!



The third card I cased from Andrea Walford's blog. I used my new 'Timeless Type Junior Alphabet die set and the Big Shot for this one. I'm so glad I bought it. I was so undecided about if I should order it or not! Then when I used it, it was so simple and easy to use and looks so great, I am so pleased that I did get it. If you punch out the card with the square punch first, that fits onto the letter on the die very easily and saves cutting out lots of letters that you didn't really want. There were a couple of other punches involved too! Otherwise it wouldn't be punch art would it!! I used the large oval and the 1/2" circle punches for the pod and the peas.



I am so pleased with how these cards have turned out. I keep looking at them and smiling :) I hope you like them too.

Thanks for looking. Don't forget to check back for the Blog Hop.

Regards,

Janice

2 comments:

Sandybeaches said...

OOooolala!!!!! Just love 'em!!! I look forward to popping back for the blog hop on Thursday!! Inspirational:)

Sandybeaches said...

ps...did you notice the award you recieved as a 'Beautiful Blogger'...looking forward to hearing 10 things about you on your blog:)

go to.....

http://sandybeachesforme.blogspot.com/2010/05/beautiful-blogger-award.html