I bought the fabric ages ago, (before Stampin' Up! started selling fabric). I have been meaning to attempt one of these bags since then. So during the last school holidays I finally got around to it.
I used the scalloped Square die and the Big Shot to cut out all the pieces. You can cut through eight layers of material at a time! I cut out the coordinating fabrics and the same number of squares in a lime green fabric, that is on the inside of the bag. I also cut out squares of wadding to go in between the two squares. I cut them by hand slightly smaller so that the wadding wouldn't show when the squares were joined together. I made a 'sandwich of the lime, wadding + coloured fabric and stitched each of these together with an X through the middle, then joined them all together to form the bag.
I made this felt flower as the fastner.
Even though it isn't really my style, I was quite please with the final result.
Back to cards. Here is a couple of photos of the Stamp a Stack cards from last week. Another marathon night, I never learn do I! I really am determind to make the next lot of Stamp a Stack cards more simple.
These bottom cards were made using the 'one sheet wonder' technique. We used the Delicate Doilies stamp set and the colours are Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo.
Thanks for looking.