Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow it's been almost a month since I last posted on here. Time flys!!! I hope that you all had a great Christmas and that 2010 will be a wonderful year. We had a quiet Christmas, I had my parents here for ten days, but we didn't really get up to anything. Sat around quite a bit and ate quite a bit too! I'll bet you can guess what my new years resolution is.

Before Christmas was a bit hectic with the end of the school year and getting organised for Christmas. I was asked to make a couple of wedding cards for someone so I made these two cards. The lady I did them for was very pleased, so that was good.



I've been doing a few of the side step cards recently and it was one of these that I won the Esperance Express Christmas Card competition with. I won the open section and got a lovely Carl paper cutter. Thanks to the Express for running the competition. Congratulations to the other winners too.


Speaking of Side Step Cards that is going to be my first class for 2010. On Tuesday 19th January at 7pm, I will be holding a Technique of the Month Class. If anyone is interested please contact me as soon as possible to book your place. We will make these two cards.


I'm working on the designs for the next stamp a stack (ten cards)class at the moment so watch this space or your emails for more news on that. That will be on Tuesday 2nd of February.

Other exciting news from Stampin' Up! is that coming later this month we have 'Sale a Bration'. For those of you not familiar with this, each year, usually for two months, there is a special promotion. Four specially designed stamp sets are offered FREE. To qualify for a FREE stamp set you need to spend $100 on Stampin' Up! products (not including postage) or host a workshop which reaches $600 in sales. So for every $100 you spend you can choose a FREE set, ie if you spend $200 you choose two sets!! 'Sale a Bration' starts on January 25th and runs until March 31st 2010.

Don't forget about the Stock clearance sale that is still available. Check the Stampin' Up! website to see details of the Sale a Bration Stamp sets or the stock clearance sale items. Call me if you need any further details.

Well I suppose I should go and do something. Make the bed, wash the dishes, hang out the washing, that sort of thing!!! I'm off to the movies this afternoon, (third time within a week!!). Aren't holidays great :) I'm off to see Avatar this afternoon, I've never been to a 3D movie before.

Take care.

Janice

No comments: