Sunday, October 24, 2010

Local Ag. Show

Last weekend was our local agricultural show. I entered some of my cards for the first time. Each year I go along and look at things and think I should have a go at that, but that's as far as it goes. This year I pulled out my finger and had a go. It was a lot of work getting ready for it, because I entered the two categories of cards three times each. Each entry was three assorted cards, so I had to have eighteen cards. Plus I entered another category - three small gifts suitable for Christmas. I feel like I'm bragging but I was pleased with how I went and I got the First place in the small gift category and First and Second in each of the card categories (not many people entered).
So today I will show you some of the things I made for the show. I even decorated the inside of the cards, as you will see in some of the photos.
Firstly here are three Christmas cards, I really love the Delightful Decorations and Dasher, they are gorgeous stamp from Stampin' Up! and the matching Large Ornament punch makes creating gorgeous Christmas cards easy. The third card isn't Stampin' Up!, it's a stamp I have had for a long time.

This is inside the card above:


This next card I made using the hostess set "Cuter By The Inch" and it really is a cute set. I used Whisper White, Wild Wasabi and Marina Mist colours, I think this combination looks crisp and fresh.

Just lately it seems I can't get enough of Butterflies! Don't you think these are gorgeous? There's hardly any stamping at all on this card. It uses Blushing Bride and Very Vanilla along with the 'Beautiful Butterflies' Bigz Die, 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits Die and the 'Elegant Lines' Embossing folder. Add the Large Oval, Scalloped Oval and the Scallop Trim Border Punches and a couple of Stampin' Up!s gorgeous stick on Pearls and there you have it.
Oh look, another butterfly, this time it's on a lattice card that I cased from Valita.


This card was going to be a tri shutter card, but something went wrong, so I fiddled around and turned it into this. I was rather pleased with the results. Those flowers on the front were made with some of the packing paper that comes in a Stampin' Up! order.


The next two cards use the Baby Wipe method to colour the backgrounds. Fold up a baby wipe cloth and drip reinkers along the cloth then drag it (or in what ever direction you would like) across glossy cardstock.



Finally!! I hope no-one has fallen asleep looking at my blog. This has been a rather long post!! The last picture is a part of the three small gifts entry I made a tote bag and four matching cards and envelopes to go in it. Hope you have enjoyed seeing what I have been up to. I do have another thing to show but I will do that as a separate post as it is nothing to do with the Show.



Thanks for Looking and looking and looking : )
Janice

No comments: